Learning how to deploy Chrome Sign Builder is really quite simple. Chrome Sign Builder is a digital signage application that lets you schedule and display content across your managed Chrome devices. With Chrome Sign Builder, you can use Chrome devices, such as Chromeboxes or Chromebases, as digital media players.
Chrome Sign Builder lets you preview all the content that will show on your digital signs. While you can download and install the application on the Chrome device where you'll use it, the process is simpler if you install it on a separate desktop computer. Note: In order to manage the sign builder, you must be a Super Admin in the Admin console.
Before you begin
Download Chrome Sign Builder from the Chrome Web Store and configure the schedule to display your content. If you haven’t already—create a schedule to display your digital sign, then complete the steps to deploy Chrome Sign Builder.
Use the Admin console to enroll your devices in the appropriate organizational unit (OU). If your devices are already enrolled, move the devices to the organizational unit(s) where you plan to configure Chrome Sign Builder to automatically launch.
Deploy and configure Chrome Sign Builder
- In the Google Admin Console, go to menu > devices > chrome > apps and extensions > kiosks.
- If you would like to apply the setting to all organizational units, leave the top organizational unit selected. If not, select a child organizational unit on the left.
- Find Chrome Sign Builder on this list. If you don’t see Chrome Sign Builder in the list of apps, download it from the Chrome Web Store here.
- Under Installation policy, choose Installed.
- For the Auto-launch app setting, choose Chrome Sign Builder from the dropdown.
- To prevent kiosk screens from turning off when no one is using them, turn on Allow App to Manage Power. This is optional.
- Click Save.
- Once you have gone through these steps, you'll need to power down your device and restart it. Once you power it back on, you'll be able to use your Chrome devices as digital signs.
Chrome and Promevo
As a Google Partner, Promevo takes a holistic approach to your Google life. From Chrome device solutions to Google Workspace management solutions—Promevo partners with you to ensure your success in your Google journey.
You can shop Chrome devices on our online store or get in contact with one of our sales advisors if you have more questions! If you need additional support or training, we are here for you. All Promevo customers get free support from our Google certified specialists. You can search our Knowledge Base, talk to our support team, or even schedule free training.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Chrome Sign Builder work?
Chrome Sign Builder is an application that allows you to show digital signage across your managed Chrome devices. With this tool, you can schedule content like YouTube videos and Google Slides presentations to display at a certain date and time. Configuring Chrome Sign Builder involves scheduling digital signage and specifying the content URL. You can update schedules and URLs at any time.
Is Chrome Sign Builder free?
Chrome Sign Builder is a free application available for download from the Chrome Web Store.
What are advantages of Chrome Sign Builder
Chrome Sign Builder makes it simple for organizations to schedule, display, and update custom content. You can use virtually any type of content, as long as it has a URL. Additionally, you can set your content to display on a time slot, all day on specific days, or all day permanently. It is a versatile and easy-to-use tool.