To enforce device policies set in your Google Admin console, you need to enroll your organization’s ChromeOS devices. If you’re a Chrome Enterprise Upgrade, Chrome Education Upgrade, or Kiosk & Signage Upgrade customer, you can let users enroll themselves. Every device you enroll will comply with the policies you set.
Before you begin
Before you can enroll devices, you must accept Google’s Terms of Service by following these steps:
- Sign into your Google Admin console.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to “Menu,” then “Devices,” then “Chrome,” and finally, “Devices.
- In the Terms of Service pop-up, click “I Accept.”
If you need to enroll a large amount of devices, Promevo can help. As a certified Google partner, we help organizations optimize the way they use Google technologies so they can streamline work, collaborate, and get the most out of their investment.
Let's Get Started
- Turn on the Chrome device and follow the onscreen instructions until you see the sign-in screen. Don’t sign in yet.
- Before signing in to the Chrome device, press Ctrl + Alt + E to go to the enrollment screen.
- Enter the username and password for your Google Admin account. If prompted, enter the asset ID and location Note: You can control which users can enroll in your domain with the Enrollment Permissions user policy.
- For devices with ChromeOS version 103 or earlier, click “Next.”
- For devices with ChromeOS version 104 or later:
- For Chrome Enterprise Upgrade or Chrome Education Upgrade, click “Enroll enterprise device”
- For Kiosk & Signage Upgrade, click “Enroll kiosk or signage device.”
- Then, you’ll receive a confirmation message that the device is successfully enrolled. Click “Done.”
Once enrolled, you can find the device in your Admin console by clicking “Device management” then “Chrome devices.” Please note, by default, devices are enrolled into the top-level organization for your domain. You can change where a device is enrolled with the Device Enrollment user policy.
As a certified Google partner, Promevo provides end-to-end support for our clients in their Google journey. Our range of services includes Google Workspace management, Google migrations, ChromeOS device management, cloud services, and more. Whether you’re just getting started utilizing Google technologies, or you’re looking to get more out of your existing processes, we can help.
Let our Google experts customize solutions for your organization, and contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you add a Chromebook to a domain?
To enroll a ChromeOS device to your domain, visit Google’s guide here: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/1360534?hl=en. You can also work with the Google experts at Promevo to streamline your enrollment process.
How do I add a device to Chrome?
To add a device to Chrome, first go to your settings. Then, select “Add custom device,” and enter the device information. Finally, click “Add Device.”
How do I set up enterprise enrollment on my Chromebook?
To set up enterprise enrollment on your Chromebook, follow Google’s guide here: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/1360534?hl=en#:~:text=Open%20the%20enrollment%20screen.,Press%20Ctrl%2BAlt%2BE. You can also work with the certified Google experts at Promevo for help enrolling your ChromeOS devices.