Before you begin
- Before you can start using a Google Meet Hardware kit, you have to add buildings in the Google Admin console. You need to configure your buildings so that you can attach a device to that building.
- You have to have at least one building configured before adding a resource.
Adding buildings in the Google Admin console allows users to book these spaces and helps keep your team organized. Let’s review how to add buildings in the Admin console so your team can benefit from this functionality.
- From the Admin console home page, go to the menu and click “Directory.” Then click on “Buildings and Resources.”
- Click Open in the Resource Management section.
- At the bottom of the page, click “Manage Buildings.”
- Point to and click “Add Building,” then enter the building information. To edit the address, click on the pencil icon, then click “Done.”
- When you have entered all the information, click “Add Building.”
If you’re looking for better ways to manage your Google Workspace subscription and grow your organization, Promevo can help. Our certified Google experts know what it takes to navigate Google’s technology so it works for you, whether you’re an educational institution or a private business. Promevo provides end-to-end support in your Google journey, from Google Workspace management to Google Cloud migrations.
If you’re looking to automate some of your daily Workspace tasks, Promevo also offers gPanel®️. gPanel®️ is a centralized management and security interface for Google Workspace that automates everyday admin tasks and gives you complete control over users’ data and settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use the Google Admin Workspace console?
To get started in the Google Admin console, go to admin.google.com. From there, you can explore the features of the Google Admin console. For help getting started, explore Promevo’s beginner’s guide to the Admin console here.
How do I add rooms and resources to my Google Calendar?
To add rooms and resources to Google Calendar, first ensure the resource you want to manage exists. If it doesn’t, create the resource by following these instructions.
Then, follow these steps:
- Sign in with your administrator account and open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to Other Calendars, click “Add” then “Browse resources.”
- Click the building or location for the resource.
- Next to the resource, check the box to add it to your My calendars list.
Where is the Google Admin console home page?
Go to admin.google.com to visit the Admin console homepage.
What is the G Suite admin console?
The Google Admin console is the centralized location where administrators can manage their Workspace users, settings, security features, and more.
What is the difference between Admin and Super Admin Google Workspace?
An admin can’t assign administrator privileges, reset an administrator’s password, or make other changes to an administrator account. Only a super admin can perform those tasks.
What can a Google admin see?
An administrator's level of control and visibility depends on their specific role. Learn more about Google admin privileges and settings here.