What are Buildings and Resources in G Suite?
In addition to scheduling meetings in Google Calendar, your organization can add buildings and resources that users can share. Resources may include meeting rooms, guest offices, recreation equipment, and more. Adding these resources to your Google Calendar allows users to easily schedule to use them at a time that works best for everyone.
Buildings and Resources Benefits
Adding buildings and resources to your Google Calendar helps keep your team organized and avoids issues like overbooking. This feature also ensures every team member has access to the resources they need — when they need them.
Promevo is a certified Google partner helping clients excel in every aspect of their Google life. Whether you need help managing your Google Workspace subscription, migrating to Google Cloud, or addressing pain points, we’re here for you. Our team crafts unique solutions to your problems so your organization can grow and succeed using innovative Google technologies.
Contact us today to get the help you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add rooms and resources to my Google Calendar?
To add rooms and resources to Google Calendar, first ensure the resource you want to manage exists. If it doesn’t, create the resource by following these instructions.
Then, follow these steps:
- Sign in with your administrator account and open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to Other Calendars, click “Add” then “Browse resources.”
- Click the building or location for the resource.
- Next to the resource, check the box to add it to your My calendars list.
How do I get to the Google Admin console?
You can access the Google Admin console by visiting admin.google.com. Then, enter your administrator username and password.
How do I change the auto-generated resource name in Google Admin?
To rename resources in the Google Admin console, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Admin console with an administrator account.
- In the Admin console, go to the Menu, then click “Directory,” then “Buildings and resources.”
- Next, open Resource management and click on the resource you want to rename. Click “Details.”
- Enter the new resource name and click “Save.”
Usually, this update is immediate, but it may take up to 7 days to change everywhere.
Is Google Admin the same as Google Workspace?
The Google Admin console is a centralized location to manage Google Workspace users, settings, security features, and more.
Does Google have a room booking system?
Yes, you can add rooms to your Google Calendar and allow your organization to book these areas. Follow these instructions to create buildings, resources, and features in Google Calendar.
How do I add rooms to Google Calendar?
To add a room to your Google Calendar, sign in to your account and open your calendar. Then follow these steps:
- Create a new event or open an existing one. If you’re editing an existing event, click “Edit event.”
- If your organization has Rooms available, click Rooms. You can choose from suggested rooms or search for a new one based on who you invite. Click the rooms or resources you want to add.
- Click “Save.”
Administrators can add new rooms and resources for users by following these instructions.